There are hundreds and hundreds of MLM and network marketing companies around the world. Some are extremely well-known and others lesser-known. My interest in MLM Marketing Companies is born out of two of my passions – business opportunities and online marketing. If you are interested in legit business opportunities, then you will really enjoy what I have to share here.
A little MLM history, just for fun. The very first MLM company to be formed was a sea vegetable company by the name of Wachter’s and this was during the Great Depression of the 1930’s (1932 to be precise). Quite an impressive history! No doubt, the business model has morphed and evolved since then (in most part probably due to the FTC working hard to keep them honest).
So Many Reviews – So Little Time
The above heading is written tongue-in-cheek (mostly). Truth is that there are more business opportunities for me to review than I can manage all in one go. So, for a few years now I have been writing reviews about the various MLM Marketing Companies, with a focus specifically on the business opportunity each one may, or may not, present.
So far I have managed to research and write about the following MLM and Network Marketing Companies. As you will see, I have placed them in alphabetical order, for ease of reference.
- Forever Living
- Honey Fashion Accessories
The Top Performing MLM Network Marketing Companies
According to S4DS Direct Selling Software, these are the top-performing MLM Network Marketing Companies in the world. They have also held their leading positions for a decade so far!
- Amway – Net Worth US$8.8 Billions (as of 2018)
- Market America – Net Worth US$7.3 Billion (as of 2018)
- Avon – Net Worth US$5.5 Billion (as of 2018)
- Herbalife – Net Worth US$4.9 Billion (as of 2018)
- Nu Skin – Net Worth US$4.68 Billion (as of 2018)
These numbers are impressive for sure! Let’s look at how they have done as far as Earning Declarations have done:
Amway Income Disclosure
Market America Income Disclosure
So, I had an interesting time trying to find the latest Market America Income Disclosure, I scoured through their website and only came across their
Next, I came across an article on GlobeNewswire.com, which explains the lack of access to the Market America Income Disclosure and shows just how much trouble they were in due to Tina.org warnings (Ad Watchdog Amassed Hundreds of Examples Posted by the MLM Company!) Have a look at this article, or you could click through and see the article yourself in the link provided:
Avon – Income Disclosure
As with Market America, I couldn’t find an official income disclosure online for Avon. I did, however, find one of their Leadership member’s website – makeupmavenjessical.com (I am assuming she is in leadership because she has been with Avon for 7+ years and she states “here is a breakdown of my average earnings and potential earnings moving forward at each leadership level). So, this is not an official release from Avon themselves, but it does offer some insight into the Avon income potential.
Herbalife Income Disclosure
I had another big search on my hands to access information on Herbalife. Lesson learned: the terminology is everything. With Herbalife, the term to search is “Statement of Average Gross Compensation”.
Here is what I found:
Nu Skin Income Disclosure
Thankfully I did not have to search too hard to find information on the Nu skin Income Disclosure. you will notice that the terminology differed too, this is a compensation summary:
Top 100 MLM Marketing & Direct Selling Companies in 2020
Right, we have had a quick look at the top 5, here is a list of the top 100 MLM and direct selling companies in the world in 2020 (they are listed by Rank, Company Name and Revenue):
- Amway – US$ 8.8 Billion
- Market America – US$ 7.3 Billion
- Avon Products Inc. – US$ 5.5 Billion
- Herbalife – US$ 4.9 Billion
- Nu Skin – US$ 4.6 Billion
- Infinitus – US$ 4.5 Billion
- Vorwerk – US$ 4.3 Billion
- Natura – US$ 3.6 Billion
- Pharmaex – US$ 2.6 Billion
- Coway – US$ 2.5 Billion
- Tupperware – US$ 2 Billion
- Young Living – US$ 1.9 Billion
- Oriflame Cosmetics – US$ 1.5Billion
- Rodan + Fields – US$ 1.5 Billion
- Jeunesse – US$ 1.4 Billion
- Ambit Energy – US$ 1.3 Billion
- DXN Marketing Sdn Bhd – US$ 1.2 Billion
- Pola – US$ 1.2 Billion
- O Boticário – US$ 1.2 Billion
- USANA Health Sciences – US$ 1.1 Billion
- Belcorp – US$ 1.1 Billion
- Atomy – US$ 1.1 Billion
- Telecom Plus – US$ 1 Billion
- Yanbal International – US$ 995 Million
- Shop.COM – US$ 840 Million
- PM International – US$ 835 Million
- Stream – US$ 800 Million
- Team National – US$ 735 Million
- Amore Pacific – US$ 600 Million
- Arbonne International – US$ 545 Million
- Hinode – US$ 530 Million
- Plexus – US$ 530 Million
- OPTAVIA / Medifast, Inc. – US$ 500 Million
- Miki – US$ 500 Million
- Faberlic – US$ 465 Million
- Scentsy – US$ 450 Million
- Monat Global – US$ 435 Million
- Younique – US$ 430 Million
- For Days – US$ 385 Million
- WorldVentures – US$ 375 Million
- Cosway – US$ 365 Million
- Nature’s Sunshine – US$ 365 Million
- Prüvit – US$ 325 Million
- Beautycounter – US$ 325 Million
- 4Life Research US$ 325 Million
- LG Household & Healthcare – US$ 305 Million
- Family Heritage Life – US$ 295 Million
- Vivint – US$ 290 Million
- Noevir – US$ 275 Million
- Hy Cite Enterprises, LLC – US$ 275 Million
- Pro-Partner – US$ 245 Million
- Pure Romance – US$ 240 Million
- Naturally Plus – US$ 235 Million
- New Image Group – US$ 230 Million
- proWIN International – US$ 230 Million
- Morinda – US$ 230 Million
- Menard – US$ 225 Million
- CUTCO/Vector Marketing – US$ 225 Million
- ARIIX – US$ 225 Million
- SEACRET – US$ 210 Million
- Southwestern Advantage – US$ 205 Million
- LifeVantage – US$ 200 Million
- Vida Divina – US$ 195 Million
- KK Assuran – US$ 195 Million
- Vestige Marketing – US$ 195 Million
- NHT Global – US$ 190 Million
- Hillary’s Blinds – US$ 185 Million
- Giffarine Skyline Unity Co. – US$ 180 Million
- BearCere’Ju – US$ 180 Million
- Mannatech – US$ 175 Million
- Youngevity – US$ 165 Million
- Princess House – US$ 160 Million
- Charle – US$ 155 Million
- Diana – US$ 145 Million
- Naris – US$ 135 Million
- Maruko – US$ 130 Million
- Marketing Personal – US$ 125 Million
- Immunotec Research Ltd – US$ 120 Million
- ASEA – US$ 120 Million
- Color Street – US$ 115 Million
- World Global Network – US$ 115 Million
- Usborn Books & More – US$ 115 Million
- C’BON Cosmetics – US$ 110 Million
- Xyngular – US$ 105 Million
- TruVision Health – US$ 105 Million
- Zhulian – US$ 105 Million
- Nefful – US$ 105 Million
- MyDailyChoice / HempWorx – US$ 100 Million
- Perfectly Posh – US$ 100 Million
- Energetix – US$ 95 Million
- ZURVITA – US$ 95 Million
- Arsoa Honsha – US$ 90 Million
- Best World Int’l Ltd – US$ 85 Million
- Hai-O – US$ 85 Million
- Koyo-sha – US$ 85 Million
- Shinsei – US$ 80 Million
- Captain Tortue – US$ 75 Million
- Chandeal – US$ 70 Million
- Grant E One’s – US$ 65 Million
- Nikken – US$ 65 Million
FTC and MLM Marketing Companies
The FTC has been kept very busy by the MLM marketing companies – and that is not to say that all MLM’s are bad. There certainly is merit in some MLM companies, that said, rather be well-informed and read what the FTC has to say, after all, their advice is well worth taking on board.
If you are interested to read more about what the FTC has to say, here are some great articles to start off with:
The Case For & Against Multi Level Marketing – a very interesting pdf report
Multi Level Marketing Businesses and Pyramid Schemes – this article offers loads of valuable insight and offers clear guidance and advice about whether the MLM industry is for you or not.
My Opinion Of MLM Marketing Companies As A Business Opportunity
Be sure to read the whole title of this paragraph – particularly the word “as a business opportunity”.
My experience of the MLM and Direct Selling markets is pretty extensive, my first foray into the industry was with Avon Cosmetics back in the early 1980’s, I qualified with them as a “Beauty Advisor” and absolutely loved my new title and the products we promoted. I have also promoted Golden Products, Honey Accessories, Nu Skin and Mannatech. Mannatech being my personal favourite by far – mostly because of their product range.
Had I signed up with any one of these companies early on in their evolution, I have no doubt I would have achieved great heights in the organisation and done extremely well.
Unfortunately, all of the companies I signed up with were already very established which meant I was way down on the ladder and not likely to surpass those who had 5 to 10 to 15 years on me.
One of the quotes often shared by MLM promoters is this one by Robert Kyosaki
“If I had to do it all over again, rather than building an old-style type of business, I would have started a network marketing business”
We need to read those words closely too. He does not say he would sign up as a distributor or ambassador or partner with an existing network marketing business. Oh no! He states he would start a network marketing business.
Well worth noting, don’t you think? What Robert Kiyosaki is acknowledging here is that MLM or Network Marketing is a great business model for the owners of the business!
So, if you have the products, the production capacity, the time, innovation, skills, and finances to start up your own MLM business – go for it.
If you are looking for a business opportunity that is far less intensive (no need to have your own products, innovation, production capacity, or even skills – but you do need to be a hardworking and teachable entrepreneur – I encourage you to take a look at my number 1 recommendation.
My Number 1 Recommendation
If you are looking for a way to build a sustainable, income-generating business of your own, there is no doubt that building your own online business(es) is the way to go.
I invite you to read all about that opportunity too – or even jump straight in and trial it out for yourself, on a Free Starter Membership:
Thank you for taking the time to spend with me here, there is a lot of information to absorb when it comes to business opportunities. I hope that the insight shared about MLM Marketing Companies helps you in making a decision and creating the life you desire for yourself and your loved ones.
I would love to hear from you too, all you need to do is drop me a comment and I promise to respond.
There are many more MLM reviews coming up, stay tuned!